Engineers 2 Educators
Goals of Project E2E (Engineers 2 Educators)
• Better Science & Math Education in High Schools
• Full Utilization and Employment of Engineers
Ultimately Aiding US Competitiveness!
Project E2E: The California Pilot
Two situations in OC, California, and the US…
• Poor STEM (Science Technology Engineering Math) Education in High Schools
• Available & Retired Engineers
…addressed by one initiative:
PROJECT E2E: Engineers to Educators
Retired Engineers (+ Others) as STEM
Teachers & Mentors in High Schools.
And getting credentialed & compensated!
• Initial proof of concept in Orange County & California
• Cooperative effort between industry, associations, government agencies, teachers’ unions & high schools
• Fast track teacher credentialing & training
• An internet-based remote teaching component
• A database of technology experts that teachers can use
• Compensation for new IEEE teachers & mentors. Not currently covered by RE-SEED, TISP, etc.
• Leverage resources & efforts of partner organizations
• Roll out working model to other cities & states
• Sponsorship discussions with Boeing, Southern California Edison, Rockwell Collins and Northrop Grumman.
• CA Gov Schwarzenegger’s ENCORPS Initiative
Stakeholders in Project E2E (Engineers 2 Educators):
IEEE – REGION 6 & ORANGE COUNTY, CA
— CALIFORNIA GOVERNOR’S OFFICE
— US CONGRESSMEN + SENATORS
— CA STATE SENATORS + ELECTED OFFICIALS
— ORANGE COUNTY DEPT OF EDUCATION
— ORANGE COUNTY BUSINESS COUNCIL
— AMERICAN ELECTRONICS ASSOCIATION – AEA
— CORPORATIONS & SPONSORS
— CALIFORNIA TEACHERS ASSOCIATION
— HIGH SCHOOLS
— PROJECT TOMORROW
IEEE Project E2E – Strategy Panel
• Loretta Arellano, IEEE Region 6 Director
• David Aviv, IEEE Los Angeles Council
• Mike Briggs, IEEE Coastal Los Angeles Section, UCLA
• Robert Castano, IEEE-OC, Orange Coast College
• David Cheng, IEEE-OC, Cal State University Fullerton
• Rich Gallaher, IEEE-OC, Boeing
• Lawrence Hamerman, San Diego Section
• Russell Hunter, IEEE-R6 GOLD Chair
• Paul Kostek, Seattle Section
• Russell LeFevre, IEEE-USA President-Elect
• Will Lumpkins, IEEE Santa Clara Valley
• Eremita Miranda, IEEE-R6 Industrial Relations, Southern California Edison
• Momin Quddus, Chair, Buenaventura MTTS Chapter.
• R Sampath, IEEE-R6 & IEEE-OC Government Activities
• Arash Sayadi, IEEE-OC, Fidelity
• Chuck Seabury, BV MTTS Vice Chair
You are most welcome to join us in this effort!
Project E2E Wants You
We Need Your Support NOW!